Here we see Preparatory school children playing a game that has been termed “the gymnasium of the mind” by Adolf Anderssen. Chess is variously described as a science, an art and a sport.
|Liam Pillay is seen here planning his next move|
The Benefits of Chess for Kids
- · Improves concentration and memory
- · Enhances reading and math skills
- · Fosters logic, critical thinking, and creativity
- · Encourages and rewards hard work
- · And the fifth and best reason of all to play chess? It’s just plain fun!